Thursday, March 11, 2010

Haiku... on a roll

Camera captures one
image. We were there. We know
the complete story.

*
morning glory and
moonflower bloom once each day.
short, glorious life.

*
Is it who I am
and what I want to be that
struggle in my soul?

*
Life as it is, if
we open our eyes and hearts,
is already good.

*
the jasmine perfume,
mixed with honeysuckle, tell
us that Spring is here.

*
One day without the
sun's beams does not mean the world
stays forever gray.

*
Green leaves bouncing on
top of the breeze are laughing
like children at play.

*
The elegant white
heron hurries nowhere. He
glides and struts a waltz.

*
Blue sky and ocean
sparkle like your eyes. I am
held and happy there.

*
quiet night reminds
me how far away you are.
Sweet dreams bring you back.

4 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

Wonderful marathon, Jean!

Anonymous said...

funny girl
geez, spread them out some...
pictures.

darkfoam said...

wow, you were on a roll. i like haiku.

Jean said...

Foam, if it weren't for Sparrow, I may have never tried haiku. I am a bit addicted.