Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I can't think of a good title for this post...

The topic for this week's Haiku Challenge at Sparrow's is:

.......................... PRESSURE! ...................


VOTING UPDATE: Vote before 11 pm Thursday.

Remember that the winner gets to choose a
member of our military, serving in harm's way,
to receive a Deluxe Care Package from AnySoldier.
(Courtesy of the lovely Sparrow.)

...Final exam day... Another lay-off...
Sexual tension...Tea kettle whistles...
Wet, crying babies... Heartbreak repeated...
Gymnasium grunts... Ambulance sirens...
Insufficient funds... Needle on empty...
Almost orgasm... Some good, some not so...
Steam under the hood.

Help yourself to a five-syllable line or two.
My brain is refusing to count to seven today.

8:43 pm, Finally...

Dreams untended, hearts
unmended, quiver to come
to life. Realize.

9 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

Pressure-

Tonight- ten o'clock

five syllables and seven

then five more, are due...

Jean said...

excellent, Scott! I hope you enter that.

dick said...

Chick stuff, that won't do.

Making silly ryhmes, but not.

Nope, not gonna play.

Jean said...

Dick, you're a booger ;-)

the walking man said...

Pressure I give up
Broken knuckles sane carnage
Release is relief

Jean said...

Mark, wise man, you are.

Doom said...

That hits the theme spot perfectly. It is annoyingly accurate! I say that not as a disservice to you. It is due to the task and your talent. Some topics, done right, have to be annoying.

I can still remember waking up in the middle of the night knowing I missed doing something important or knowing my final is tomorrow. That rush of urgency is right there. Something inside jerks me to consciousness, and then I am alit with the fires of doubt, dread, and worry. Annoying! :)

kdzu said...

"Dreams untended, hearts
unmended, quiver to come
to life. Realize."

Dreams and hearts alike
like gardens require tending too
else they wither, die

I'll vote for you.

Jean said...

Doom - wow...hit the nail on the head for you, didn't it? Yay! *g*

Larry - yours is beautiful!
(thank you for your vote, dear.)