Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Old Man Winter hit us hard...

 








It looked like this Monday morning.
Ann's job texted Sunday night to not come in if the
roads were bad in the morning. They were.
It took most of the day before our street was passable.
Ann and I went outside several times to work at
clearing the driveway and around our cars.
The snow was above our knees. The wind was brutal.
I guess it was payback for the mild weather up to this point.
I'll try to finish it up in the morning so we can get
the trash cans down to the street.

5 comments:

Doom said...

When it has been nice, and we get a brutal, I really don't mind. I don't know about you, but I would rather a few heavies, rather than daily daily inches, all week, all month, all season.

Actually, I enjoy, when I am able, cleaning up a big one, once in a while.

As to knees? Depends on how tall you are. :p If you are a five footer, not... so much. If you are my size? Ugh. Had to think and laugh.

Well, at least she got a day off. Not often what is wanted? I would much rather have worked the last thirty years, myself. Just the self valuation part of it. Still, if you get some time off, enjoy? Even if it's a trap?

Joe said...

We have had no more than a trace of snow all winter!

Jean said...

Doom, I don't see myself ever liking shoveling snow. This time was extra miserable.

Joe, that's how we were until this weekend. I'm going to have to shovel more today to get my car out of the driveway. A neighbor used his snow-blower to do the end of the driveway so Ann could go to work Tuesday. Another neighbor took our trash cans to the street for pick-up today. I have no idea how he did it.

the walking man said...

Have you ever noticed how weather like that seems to skip Detroit and dump it all on Ohio?

Jean said...

Ha. That's just not fair, Mark!