Thursday, January 13, 2022

I really miss bench seats in cars...

 2021 ended with a bang for us, but not with fireworks.

Carol woke up with cold-like symptoms on Dec. 30. I
called the cancer center because she was scheduled for
chemo at noon. They cancelled the appointment.

I fed her OTC cold meds but Friday she was worse,
so I decided we should take her to an urgent care
facility. We drove to three but two were closed and the
third refused to see her because they "were getting ready to close".

We got to the ER at 4 pm. It was 9 pm before they told us
the Covid test results came back positive. They finally
signed her out at 11:30 pm.

They didn't admit her (thank goodness) because her vitals
were good and she had been fully vaxxed including boostered.
I truly believe she would have been sicker without the vaccines.

As it was, I kept her on Mucinex and Tylenol and hooked up
to her oxygen concentrater. She usually only uses the oxygen
when she goes to bed.

It took three days before she was noticeably better and I was
able to get some sleep.

Her oncologist rescheduled her next chemo treatment to Jan. 28.

She seems very much back to normal now but I want to see if
I can get her scheduled for a Covid test in case she needs the
proof for the cancer center, even though no one has said to do it.
She isolated for a week so maybe that's enough.

Weird thing was, a couple days before all this happened, I was
thinking to myself that if we could make it to February
without a trip to the hospital that would make it three years
since the last time. Silly me jinxed it.




2 comments:

Doom said...

I forgot to mention, I have been praying for you all. As a caretaker, and helper, you get a special sort of prayer just for what you do. Blessings.

Jean said...

Your prayers are always appreciated, Doom.