Monday, January 31, 2022

They're telling us...

to prepare for another blast of shit weather.
Monday and Tuesday will be warm enough to
melt some of what we have. Then Wednesday
and Thursday we get dumped on again with a
load of snow, rain and ice all at the same time.
Could last into Friday. The streets will suck.

So, Monday and Tuesday will be time to stock
up on food and lots of bags of salt and to shovel
as much of the remaining snow from driveways
and sidewalks that hasn't yet melted from two
weeks ago.

I made a giant cauldron of chili today. Probably
enough to last through Wednesday or Thursday.
We'll be fine with everything else we have on hand.
It's just getting really, really tiresome.

I know, my whining is just as tiresome. Too bad.


5 comments:

Doom said...

Whining about winter, shoveling, cold, wet, ice? Perfectly acceptable. I just wish I lived close enough to help from time to time, when I can. And, sometimes, I can.

We have had an excellent, if cold and getting colder, winter. Three or four snows worth digging out, very slightly. Thankfully. So I can offer more sympathy than empathy, but it is yours.

I'll even toss in a prayer that, somehow, you get missed by most and the worst of it. Heck, I'll... even pray that you somehow get missed totally. Done! Amen. Well, the prayer took longer, but can be made to seem shorter in texts. :)

Jean said...

Thanks for the prayers, Doom.
Winter has to end sometime.

Doom said...

I must have been in a bad way. Thought it was coming on March, not February! We have at least a month more to go. Even without the snow, the cold, this year, is beating me into the dirt. Or I am well enough to realize, remember? Bleh. Be well.

Jean said...

Yep, 'tis only February. Critters who hibernate have it pretty good.

Doom said...

I used to. Do you remember? Or, was I even better by the time you knew me? I can't remember. Literally sleeping months, just waking for food from time to time.

I almost miss those times, but... life was going so very fast. Perhaps that would have been better. I just... couldn't just let go.