Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I know, I know...

Those loyal few who still check in here are probably 
wondering how long Robin Williams' photo will
continue to be at the top of this anemic blog.
This will do it.

Anemic indeed.

I'm taking vitamins now but they don't seem to be
boosting much of anything yet. I think I need a
new approach. Like reading fewer dead people's
life stories and more poetry and carrying a notebook
with me again. For starters.

I look at clouds a lot. They remind me of snowflakes
because it seems they're all different. Well, how could
they not be? They change constantly.
I saw one today that looked like Saturn. A big, gray
cotton ball with a wide, flat ring around it. Very cool.
Until it started to spread out like someone took a butter
knife to it and smooshed it out into a blobbish lump.

I keep thinking about not blogging any more.
But I don't really want to stop. I just feel guilty about
not posting much and when I do, it's way too much
whining (like now?).  I need a life. My own life.
If you see it lying around, please send it home.

10 comments:

the walking man said...

Did you look on the corner of 7th and Main, Jean? I thought I saw one laying around there.

Anonymous said...

Don't stop.

That would just make the world an even sadder place.

A blog is supposed to be an outlet no?

Go on. Let it out. Screw it. And if people don't like it . . . meh, whatever.


Freddie

Anonymous said...

Don't stop.

That would just make the world an even sadder place.

A blog is supposed to be an outlet no?

Go on. Let it out. Screw it. And if people don't like it . . . meh, whatever.


Freddie

Anonymous said...

What the... ?

Meh. Whatever.

:)


Fred


Doom said...

Hmm? Oh, just consider it a slower conversation. I didn't have the temperament for such, until God gave me a condition which requires cool heels. Besides, if you are going to feel guilty, do chocolate, too much wine, or... well... I'll leave any other ideas up to you.

*grins*

Anonymous said...

Uhh, maybe "those loyal few" stick around because we like you, are concerned for you, and relate to you. Don't stop.

I, for one, would miss you.

bonnie

Joe said...

Ah Jean! we are in sync these days. Cloud watching has been a life-long hobby of mine. My phone is filled with pictures of clouds and sunsets. Perhaps it is a Pisces thing. We are day dreamers.

Further your sentiment on blogging matches mine exactly. I keeping thinking about stopping, but I don't want to. I think I ran out of pertinent entertaining stuff long, long ago.

But it is not about me. I love your writing the interwebs would be a sadder place if you quit.

But I get it.

Jean said...

Mark, I have to run errands today so, I'll head that way and check.

Freddie Freddie Freddie! You made today better just by showing up.
I'll try very hard not to add to the sad :-)

Doom, heh, chocolate and wine just make me feel guiltier later. But I could try again just to make sure.

Bonnie, you are one of the reasons I haven't stopped.

Joe, my fellow Pisces friend, I bought a new little digital camera a few months ago. Have I set it up yet? Of course not.
I will get off my Pisces, procrastinating, daydreaming butt...soon...and start taking pics again.
Sometimes life-crap gets overwhelming and I just start to crumble. (I hope things are smoother for you than expected.)

ALL of you are simply terrific!
thank you.

Unknown said...

I hope you never stop writing! Maybe a visit back to Florida, in the Fall,with camera in hand, would kickstart ya! It's good to get out of Dodge now and then...esp. with all you have on your plate!

Jean said...

Jan, a trip back to the Sunshine state would be great... 'specially in the Fall.