Sunday, January 15, 2012

Haiku Monday - treasure...


Words. Masterfully
composed. Expressed vibrantly.
Finessed image. Words.
*


Mel Fisher, late of
Key West, found his hidden in
a sunken ship's ribs.
*


Follow the yellow
brick road. But stay away from
fields of poppies.

*****************************************
This week's Haiku Monday is being hosted by
Chickory.

The deadline to submit haiku is 9 pm Monday.
There will be voting (until 6 pm Tuesday)to determine
the winner.
Click on the link to read all the details for the contest
and go to comments to read the entries.

Oh, yeah... the theme she chose is - Treasure.
*******************
(more but without visuals)

one treasure is that
it could be worse. Cherishing
breath, health, sanity.

*

oh, if I were to
walk the path that leads to you,
would X mark the spot?

*

Love that remains through
fire and storm and pain and fear.
Everlasting light.

*

at the age I am,
treasures change from those of youth.
Closer and smaller.

*

It may not look like
much from there but, from this view,
it is a fortune.

*

When you wish upon
a star, don't be blind to what
might already be.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Really like the last one using the yellow brick road. What a great theme this week!

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Yes, I like the last one too.

Jean said...

Boxer, thank you. It's a great theme with so many possibilities.

JCosmo -thanks. funny, but that one is my least fave so far.

Anya said...

I love all of them. Wow, so inspired and they made my mind go wild with so many images that kept changing. You actually made me smile a lot. If I had to choose one that I really love it's the one with X marks the spot. That really got to me. Good job! Good luck! :)

Jean said...

Anya, image inducing is a great thing for a poet to hear! And, I'm glad you're smiling. Thank you for commenting.

chickory said...

Oz was my favorite too...but I also loved the ones that were based on a mature view of the world -the point at which one relaxes into the beauty of what is. Well done jean...first visual is my favorite -cathedral-like. X marks the spot has the classic "pondering" vibe. GOod luck tonight, Jean!

Jean said...

Thank you, Chick. I also looove the library photo. I could live there.

Neuse River North Carolina said...

i love all of them, but there were one and only favorite XD