Friday, January 05, 2024

Write your life...

 

Write your life...

Whether it be like this or in letters to yourself,
as in a journal, or a diary.
Write everything about you so that others
may know. How you lived.
What you thought. When you cried.
Loved and laughed. Did you dream?
It may be found some day, and those who
knew you. Might cry. Might laugh.
Might gasp, "That's why!"
"That's when!" "That's where!"
Then again, a stranger might find you
in your words. And know you better than
all those others. Take you home.
Live with you another life.
See in you another way. Love their life again.
Find the path. Forgive their pain.
See the stars.
You are a book. A poem. A song.
Write your life. 

 

(originally posted 7-3-2007)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean. Happy new year.

Hope things are improving with your sister.

I think I remember this one. :)

I'd love to be able to write like that again. Maybe someday.

Still trying to maintain the life for 3 basically, like before. But I'm only 1 and it's difficult.

Sunshine's starting her last semester in college and will be an RN by summer. So I'm trying to maintain the homefront for a little longer. Find out where she and fiance will settle. Then I can downsize, within 2-3 hours of them.

The ol' snowbird dream appears to be dead in the water for now.

We shall see.

Wishing you peace, comfort and joy in the new year.


Freddie

Anonymous said...

After going back and reading it, heck YEAH I remember it.

Those were the days. Life was way more fun when it was still "a free country, man."

Remember Sarc? ...Dude used to crack me up.


Fred

Joe said...

Indeed. The whole reason for blogging.

Jean said...

Freddie, you sound so happy and proud of Sunshine!
I wish her and you all the best for a wonderful New Year.
My sister came from the hospital and is doing better.

Joe, I miss many of our old blogger friends. So glad you are staying put.