Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Yes, I know Christmas is over...

 I just really like those photos in the last post.

My sister Ann's birthday is today so we're doing
a mellow celebration after she gets off work.
Steak and shrimp dinner and possibly a quick
trip to BAM...because she has gift cards. And
maybe lemon-filled donuts for desert.

Then New Year's Eve will be the traditional
dinner of pork and sauerkraut.
I miss Mom and Dad more at this time of the
year than any other time. They've both been gone
for more than thirty years but they are still missed.
They'd be in their 90's now.


2 comments:

Doom said...

Christmas really hit me this year. Harder than I ever remember. If, usually, Christmas is a breeze. My mother just hit 80, so... They sure change. Still, if I didn't miss people, places, and times, I'd not have lived rightly, or worse than I did.

At least you have company, and family. It might be tough at times, in a lot of ways. But I'd recommend being grateful. Enjoy your dinner. I wish I had traditions.

I'll send a prayer, as I'm asking for a bit of reprieve from the blues for myself. It might be tough, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I hope you... might see that point? Be well, prayers on the way.

Jean said...

Missing brings memories. That's better than forgetting.

Oh, I'm definitely grateful for what I still have. It helps get through the tough times.

Prayers for you, Doom, including those for a better new year.