Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Quick Thank You...

to all my readers who participated in the Baby Bane Birthday celebration.

I received a very touching e-mail thank you from the young Marine. He said, in part:

"wow Thanks,
I got your package today, thank you very much, I really appreciate everything.
It's kind of funny, a lot of Marines, soldiers, sailors and airmen get packages from strangers everyday because there are massive support groups out there to take care of them. I have the Bane Brigade, a group of dedicated women, to take care of me. I am far more blessed than anyone else out here for it. I can't thank you all enough. It's funny, we have almost everything we need to live out here, but it's hard to live without that outreach from home. Anyway, you got me, I'm Bane's son. You are awesome. Thank you."

Ya see, folks? Nice does matter.
I don't want to forget to say my own thank you to Wendy, of Curses and Chrome, for letting all of us participate in making the young Marine smile. Wendy, you are awesome!


6 comments:

ghartstein said...

We sometimes never know the impact we make...and this shows how easy it is to forget the importance of not "going it alone" in life. Very cool!

Jean said...

mr g - how true, and he was so sweet to put it in writing for us!

Glad to see you making the rounds again.

LL said...

Thank you again for helping out!!

Jean said...

LL - it was truly my pleasure!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, darlin. You already know I love you, but...

I love you.

Jean said...

Bane - just so glad I could help, sweet man. He is a treasure... and, so are you!