Saturday, November 23, 2019

It could be said...

No news is good news, they say.
But why dwell only on the bad and not so good? 

Carol has been busy with the church ladies making
stuffed cabbages and baking breads and nut rolls.
They sell them all year long to make money for the church
but, of course, the holidays are always busier.

Ann has been working crazy overtime. Finally got back
to normal 40 hours this week. She's looking forward to
the long Thanksgiving weekend and an even longer time
off for Christmas.

Tom and his family will be visiting for a day during
Thanksgiving weekend. We haven't seen them since this
summer so it will be a fun visit.

I changed eye doctors and am glad I did.
Saw my primary care and I swear, she did a
Jekyl & Hyde turn around. I've been threatening to find
a new doctor for over a year but this one has miraculously
developed a caring personality. We were both quite pleased
with my bloodwork results. (I was so pleased, I came home
and ate a gooey, chewy brownie. I'll work it off tomorrow.)

We'll watch the Browns play Miami this Sunday, but the big
show will be in Pittsburg next week. I'm really not a fan of
football. It's just something to do once in a while until
baseball gets going again. C'mon Spring Training! 

Did I make you yawn?
  

3 comments:

Joe said...

Come on spring training

Doom said...

I wouldn't say bored... How about pleasantly not alarmed? It is good to hear of the little things, in better times... worthy of haiku, if I do say so myself. It is the little things for the larger part... life that is. I quite enjoyed.

I cheated on diabetes yesterday, but fasting the day before seems to have offset the stupid thing. Enjoy from time to time. Gotta.

You can keep sports. But if you enjoy, then do. I play games to kill time. Be well.

Jean said...

"Pleasantly not alarmed"... I like that.