Monday, July 23, 2007

Old Meme...

Berry tagged me with this meme
last summer. I forgot to do it then, so
when I tagged him with a meme a few weeks
ago, he slyly reminded me that I owed him one.
He is a very patient man.

Here are the rules:

1. Pick up the book nearest to you right now.
2. Go to page 123 in that book.
3. Find the fifth sentence on page 123.
4. Post it and the next three sentences.
5. Tag three people.

... I bought this book for someone else. I haven't
read it. It is The Stand, by Stephen King.
So, on page 123 the fifth sentence is, "The Connie's driver
had pulled over, leaned out, and said: "Need any help?"

The next three sentences are, "Sure do," Poke had said, and
pokerized the guy right on the spot. Got him dead-bang
between the eyes with the .357 Mag. Poor sucker probably
never even knew what had hit him."


hmmm... I have no idea what else to do with this, if anything.
I'm not going to tag anyone. Do it if you want to.

There ya go, Berry... we be even now. heh.

11 comments:

AspergantuS said...

Welcome back kid. Have a good time?

Jean said...

Thanks, Mick. Not bad.

Doom said...

Yes, glad to have you back. But it is good to see you get out. Time, money, energy, I know, limits to all that jazz. I hope all were well spent, earning some nice prize or other.

Jean said...

Thank you, Doom. The weather and scenery were wonderful. Otherwise, truthfully, it was a disappointment.

Doom said...

I am sorry to hear that Jean. I can only guess, but I have a few of those sitting around.

Well, we love ya babe.

Anonymous said...

"I am here, as I'm sure you know, because of Albus Dumbledore's will."

Harry, Ron and Hermione looked at one another.

"A surprise, apparently! You were not aware then that Dumbledore had left you anything?"

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows

Belongs to my son.

Welcome back, Jean. it was only a weekend, but you were missed.

Jean said...

Doom - we all have some of those, eh? Thank you.

aw, Jack... thanks for doing that!
I missed being here.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't resist. We just bought it and it was the only book in sight.

boneman said...

Better late than never, eh?

And, for your reply, an internet joke....based on an old joke, but funny t'beat the band. Or, as I told Lamb, YPYL.


(this'll take a lil work from ya, but, it's really worth it.)

oh crap. I just now remembered, you ain't gonna get t'see it 'cause it's a video. And, I don't know how to drag it out of the net world yet.

Tell ya what...
Write the address down, go to yer local library and put it in the search engine (or at work, if there's no one around, cause you WILL be laughing)

Hu_s_on_First

Anonymous said...

Brilliant website, I hadn't come across beauvoirglass.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
Continue the excellent work!

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?