Monday, February 25, 2008

Fortune cookies...

Weekend before last, I decided to pick up some Chinese
food for dinner.
The owner likes me. She always throws something extra
in the take-out bag. This time it was a free bottle of water
and extra fortune cookies. Not being a big fan of fortune cookies,
I didn't open them right away. When I finally got around to
feeding them to Sparky and reading the fortunes, this is what
I found:

*Never bring unhappy feelings into your home.

*Your happiness is before you, not behind you. Cherish it.

*Keep in mind your most cherished dreams of the future.

*Be prepared for a sudden, needed and happy change in plans.

Just wanted to share this with all of you.
I thought it was pretty cool.

(no response yet from sending the resume.)

12 comments:

dianne said...

Thanks for sharing them with us, they are cool words to live by & give us all a little hope;the one thing I don't give up on. Might very well be a positive sign for you in your present situation, I do hope so Jean as I do appreciate the importance of it all. Hang in there I'm sure that resumé of yours is impressive & that you would be an asset to any employer. They only have to look to your Blog to see what a classy lady you are my dear.

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me as if it is already written in the stars. Now don't screwing around with Mutha Fate...

kdzu said...

Whadda I been sayin' hey?

k said...

Getting great Chinese fortune cookie fortunes is one of my life's small but fine high points.

Anonymous said...

... wait, you don't eat your fortune cookies first?..... in my neck of the woods, you eat them first so that you know you aren't going to die from foodpoisoning when you eat the iffy fried rice!...

Eric

Jean said...

Eric...something else I might need to know about living in Tennessee :-) (if they ever contact me again!)

Anonymous said...

"Your happiness is before you, not behind you." -- I need to get this tattooed to the back of my hand or maybe my forearm. Someplace I can see it. This is the one lesson in life I keep forgetting.

Jean said...

Is that Maricopa Mark?
Where you been???

Anonymous said...

I was on break!

I've also been upgraded from "Maricopa" to "Cactus".

Jean said...

ok, then. I'll get you on my blog roll soon, k?
Glad you're back!

The Atavist said...

Words of wisdom show up in the strangest places, don't they? Good luck on your quest!

Jean said...

Thank you, Sieg.