Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Good-night, sweetheart haiku...

It's that time again. Don your thinking cap.

The topic for Sparrow's Haiku Challenge is:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz_SLEEP_zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

UPDATE: Go back to VOTE for your favorite before 11pm Thursday.

...
slow down. slow motion.
cloud pillows under my head.
just about midnight.
...
on those nights when it
evades me, I woo it like
an old lover gone.
...
Sandman, sprinkle sweet
dreams in my drowsy eyes. Make
my slumber divine.
...
Waketh me not if
thou knowest what is goodest
for thou, alarm clock!

3 comments:

kdzu said...

Now to sleep, to sleep
perchance fly on angel wing
perchance dream of naught

Jean said...

My dear friend... please submit this.
It is BEAUTIFUL! ♥

Anonymous said...

... four stanzas, four bands....

Rolling Stones
...
Moody Blues
...
Andrews Sisters
....
Kate Bush

...... heh!...